Translate

Jun 23, 2009

Awkward

Dear Jesus,

I went to see my friend Kristine last week and we agreed to meet at the cafe`. We haven't seen each other for a long time, so I was excited to see her. When I get there, I was surprise to see her with Earl another common friend of ours. So, since he is our friend he's presence did not bother me. It was not that long when I realize that there is something going on between them (I notice by the way they look at each other and through simple gestures). Although I heard from the past that they were dating and right then and there I somehow figured out that they are officially together (though Kristine haven't mentioned to me anything about them).

At the middle of the conversation, I asked Earl his number since I lost my old phone and I don't have his number in my new phone. I asked him in the most casual way (like an old friend does). There was no tension involved, I didn't even hesitate to ask. His "girlfriend" even over heard it.

Then he told me in his exact words: My number is not working.

???????

Now, what is that suppose to mean? I don't understand, but I tried to be understanding. So, I did not push it. Maybe he has a reason not to, maybe he's acting this way because he already have a "girlfriend", maybe out of respect to his girlfriend he does not want to be associated with girls. But for Christ sake I'm his friend. I'm no stranger. We even talk to the phone at night, back then and he'd used to ask for my advice about how to approach a girl and how profess you're feelings and stuff. I was not really the type to break up a happy home, that all I'm saying.

Trust me. Getting into a relationship is the least thing of my concern. Alas, our friendship has ended. At least for the time being. No communication, no nothing. I know Earl is a pious person, as I have always known him to be. They both are actually.

I'm pretty sure we'll catch up sometime.

Sincerely,
Jenny

No comments: