Translate

Apr 11, 2009

Comes to a T

For the first time in approximately 16 years, I met Rachel. She was my classmate way back in kindergarten and she’s one of the mean Girls in school. On second thought, she’s the only mean girl that I can think of; that ever existed during my kindergarten days. I was surprise when I saw her, because she hasn’t change a bit. She still looks the same, exactly the way I last saw her 16 years ago, except the fact that she has gained height. Our eyes didn’t meet, but I know she saw me. I didn’t remember her name was Rachel not until I saw her name plate (I kept glancing on her name plate to get a better view of what’s written on it).

I could still remember the precise words she told me- one day during recess. She said: You don’t belong in this school (with matching akimbo position). Reminiscing those moments, it makes me pity her. At a very young age she’s experiencing emotions that are incongruous for a child; self-centered, insecure, brat, angst, jealousy. I was ignorant by all of those perplex emotions. That’s why I pity her because she was robbed by her childhood. A normal child wouldn’t act that way.


But the different between me meeting Rachel today and me meeting Rachel yesterday was that; I now know how to handle my self, I’m not overwhelmed by her very presence neither do I fret. I can look at her straight in to the eye and give her a calm look whilst she still looks mean. I think people who are mean tend to project an unpleasant aura. If somebody is mean to you just because they don’t like you; that is totally dumb and trashy.

It really feels different when somebody from you’re past meets up with you’re present.

No comments: